Show Recent Likes

!!

Καλώς ήρθατε

Η εγγραφή και η χρήση του φόρουμ είναι εντελώς δωρεάν και σας δίνουν πρόσβαση σε όλα τα τεχνικά θέματα του
http://mymx5.gr/forum/index.php?action=register

Author Topic: Where to leave my Miata for a month?  (Read 9717 times)

July 31, 2018, 05:58:48 PM

Offline nickesh

Where to leave my Miata for a month?
« on: July 31, 2018, 05:58:48 PM »
Hi guys,

together with my girlfriend we try to make a plan of quite a long road trip around the Europe in our "kept-with-lots-of-love" 1.8 NBFL 2002.

We start from Warsaw and driving through Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland and Austria we'd like to reach Italy (the north part). Then we will be heading towards the east, to Slovenia and Croatia. Second stage will be for Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, and Greece. At the third stage we plan to go back to Italy again. This time to the south part, probably to Sicily. Fourth stage: southern France, Spain, Portugal and Gibraltar. Fifth stage: northern France, UK, Wales and Ireland. At sixth stage we'll finally go back to Poland, passing Belgium, Netherlands and northern part of Germany.

The road trip will take 11 months, but this is not a continuous vacation (unfortunately). Each stage will take from 7 to 10 days, so in practice it means we have six weeks of holidays in the next coming year. Between that stages we have to take a break and go back to Poland by plane (most probably), hoping to find some cheap flights. But our Miata will always stay at the place where the stage ends.

So, we have a break between the second and the third stage in Greece, between 21.09.2018 and 19.10.2018. And we plan to leave the car somewhere near Thessaloniki, so we could take a quick flight to Warsaw.

And now, the question to you, guys: what would be the best place to park? Please, advice. We're looking for a safe place - guarded parking or garage. Or some private parking place to rent in some house or underground parking in some housing estate or something...

We have already found a garage in Split, for the stage 1 of the trip. MX-5 owners from Croatian MX-5 club helped us a lot. So, we hope maybe you could give us some hints as well. The worst thing is that we don't know Greek language and Google translator isn't necessarily helpful in Polish - Greek translations. So it's hard for us to search announcements over the Internet.

We will be grateful for any help.

Regards,
Evelyn & Nickesh

July 31, 2018, 06:43:00 PMReply #1

Offline iliasfyntanidis

• pure velocity
  • "What one man can do, another can do"
Re: Where to leave my Miata for a month?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »
Hi there. You can try Polis Park. It's safe and guarded.

http://polispark.gr
Είσαι μεγάλο μούτρο.....Φιλάκια

Υπό αιματηρή ανακατασκευή....Έλαβε τέλος.

Καλησπέρα και καλή βραδιά...
12/11/1953 - 24/12/2023

July 31, 2018, 07:43:32 PMReply #2

Offline Trelos7

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 07:43:32 PM »
It's nearly Polish!  ;D

July 31, 2018, 10:14:46 PMReply #3

Offline nickesh

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 10:14:46 PM »
Hi there. You can try Polis Park. It's safe and guarded.

http://polispark.gr
Well, that's exactly what we were looking for! Thanks a lot!

It's nearly Polish!  ;D
Indeed ;)

Now, maybe you could tell us something about the roads in northern Greece? We'll have two or three days to drive from Kakavia (Albania) to Thessaloniki. Whitch route should we take?

July 31, 2018, 10:25:16 PMReply #4

Offline DOOM

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 10:25:16 PM »
just typed in your dates to www.ikaros-aeropark.com/en/ for a parking spot at the airport, the outcome is 50€ but it will be an open air one! There are 3-4 parking places in the airports' area, but I must inform you that october can be pretty showery in Thessaloniki. Would a like a closed parking instead so we can suggest solutions?

would you consider taking the bus to airport or renting a taxi?

I strongly suggest the latter as it will cost you about 25€ from the centre of Thessaloniki to the airport, it takes about half an hour depending on traffic. Bus fare is 4€/person and they're always suffocatingly crowded (about 45 minutes) but you'll have a story to tell. :yeah:

July 31, 2018, 10:44:40 PMReply #5

Offline DOOM

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 10:44:40 PM »
1. Kakavia - Samarina (Grevena). Visit Papingo nearby. 100km of twisties. Samarina is also beautiful and traditional.

2. Samarina - Grevena. 50km of twisties.

3. Grevena - Polymylos. 72km of relaxed motorway cruising

4. Polymylos - Veria (through kastania).  35km twisties

5. Veria - Thessaloniki. 70km motorway.

Job done. :excited:

August 01, 2018, 09:38:41 AMReply #6

Offline topetwrx

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 09:38:41 AM »

Hello Evelyn & Nickesh!! ;D

We waiting for you here in Greece!

Doom we can go with them for company until Veria if Evelyn & Nickesh want!!!
Απόστολος Κοζάνη
MAZDA LSD & Öhlins Road & Track DFV

August 01, 2018, 01:04:58 PMReply #7

Offline DOOM

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 01:04:58 PM »
ΝΑΙ ΣΕ ΟΛΑ

;D

August 01, 2018, 09:24:02 PMReply #8

Offline Akina_DownHill

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 09:24:02 PM »
You could park it in my garage for free. It is located just outside Thessaloniki.
Pm me for details.

August 01, 2018, 09:34:40 PMReply #9

Offline spoumi

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 09:34:40 PM »
You could park it in my garage for free. It is located just outside Thessaloniki.
Pm me for details.
Now that's miata mentality right there.
MY07 NCEC [SOLD]
MazdaSpeed CAI / GoodWinRacing 4-1 header / MagnaFlow 200cpsi cat / custom single exhaust
ECU remapped
Tein MonoFlex with EDFC / rx8 yellow dot sways / MazdaSpeed FTSB
Maruha Lightweight Flywheel / 5spd Short Shift / Tochigi-Fuji LSD / FGR 4.44
Rota GTR 17x9 et35 with Federal RSR-R 235-40
NC2 look / factory hardtop / super20 rollbar / CM diffuser
xenon HID 4300K / DRLs / interior led lighting / scangaugeII / Android 2din Multimedia

August 21, 2018, 02:45:51 PMReply #10

Offline nickesh

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 02:45:51 PM »
I'm sorry for delaying my answer. I just returned from the stage 1 of the trip. Miata stayed in Split, Croatia. Now I have some time to plan the stage 2.
Pm me for details.

Now that's miata mentality right there.

My God, that's unbelievable! Only MX-5 owner could come up with this idea! It doesn't happen in common world :)

We would love to make use of such exceptional opportunity - a really safe place, but unfortunately the prices of flights from Thessaloniki have gone up by 5 times before we had our holidays confirmed at work so we could buy the tickets :tanevramou:. We had to take a step back and change our plan - we will leave the car in Athens. We have a flight from Athens to Warsaw on September 21, in the evening. And we go back after tree weeks, on October 12.

So, we're still looking for a garage, but now in Athens. And this time for sure - we already bought plane tickets ;) . I think we might use this one: http://polispark.gr/el/parking/stathmos-paidon, suggested by @Iliasfyntanidis. If I understand the website correctly, the price should be around €50 per month, right?

Unless anyone has better idea. Maybe some private offer, a place in underground parking in some block of flats or something. All suggestions are welcome.

1. Kakavia - Samarina (Grevena). Visit Papingo nearby. 100km of twisties. Samarina is also beautiful and traditional.

2. Samarina - Grevena. 50km of twisties.

3. Grevena - Polymylos. 72km of relaxed motorway cruising

5. Veria - Thessaloniki. 70km motorway.

Job done. :excited:

First, thanks a lot for this hints! We have already made a complete plan of the whole week, based on your instructions - almost exactly on the roads you mentioned. We were also very exited to meet some other MX-5 owners there. And now we have to change all of the plan :( . Or maybe we don't have to, do we? Maybe it is still a good idea to drive to Athens through Kazani? What do you say for that?

Our priority is usually to find the best roads, but this time we can give it up and take the longer way just to raise a glass of beer with such friendly bunch like you guys! :)

August 21, 2018, 10:01:03 PMReply #11

Offline DOOM

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 10:01:03 PM »
Firslty, malakia (you surely have to get familiar with this word and its derivatives..all my EU buddies have!! lol), that tickets went up. Not 2 worry though, miata (heads) is always the answer, no?

Secondly, sorry for my delayed reply, was on vacation in Lemnos island. Btw, whoever owns that white NA, mint condition mate, well done.

So, the route I chose lately for driving my miata from Athens and found it spot on;

Athens - Lamia, a 2 hour trip (or thereabouts) cruising. Sea on your right in a good part of the journey and you'll be just fine. Lots of toll stations though, keep your coins.. >:-

Lamia - Grevena; 2 hours

1. you'll begin with the Domokos section -one of my favourites in Greece- nice asphalted road, 2+1 lanes, you will definitely enjoy it.

2. Indifferent section from Domokos till Kalambaka, there's a pretty new highway part and besides that, nothing really to mention (unless someone else knows better, that is)

3. Kalambaka - Grevena. Love it, love it, love it; a stop, or better a large detour and visit in Meteora, is obligatory. google it, amazing site to visit. And from there on, lots of twisties with an astounding scenery as a background till Grevena. Top down, of course.

4. Grevena - Kozani; 30 minutes of highway till me and @topetwrx welcome you -in person- to Kozani. We will be more than glad to meet up.  :excited: :excited:

August 22, 2018, 09:41:48 AMReply #12

Offline option-D

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 09:41:48 AM »
We had to take a step back and change our plan - we will leave the car in Athens. We have a flight from Athens to Warsaw on September 21, in the evening. And we go back after tree weeks, on October 12.

Well, Nickesh, you have the opportunity to use another miata owner's place to leave your car - of course for free. I have two parking spaces at my house, one for the miata and one for the daily but I can give you the daily's space for as long as you need and I'm just 15' from the airport. Feel free to ask me anything you need.
H A R D C O R E ? 🤘  S U B S C R I B E

"Speed isn't everything, you gotta look cool on the touge too"

August 22, 2018, 01:27:09 PMReply #13

Offline nickesh

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 01:27:09 PM »
Well, Nickesh, you have the opportunity to use another miata owner's place to leave your car - of course for free. I have two parking spaces at my house, one for the miata and one for the daily but I can give you the daily's space for as long as you need and I'm just 15' from the airport. Feel free to ask me anything you need.

Well, what could I possibly say for that? The only reaponse that comes on my mind: do you prefer Sobieski, Chopin, or maybe Żubrówka? ;)
Let's continue on private messages, then.

Firslty, malakia (you surely have to get familiar with this word and its derivatives..all my EU buddies have!! lol), that tickets went up. Not 2 worry though, miata (heads) is always the answer, no?

It's classic. Prices of plane tickets goes up and down constantly, as you probably know well. Nothing to be worried about - we've already got used to ::-

As for THE WORD, I suspect you might also know it's polish equivalent - let's leave it for Kozani ;)

So, the route I chose lately for driving my miata from Athens and found it spot on;

Athens - Lamia, a 2 hour trip (or thereabouts) cruising. Sea on your right in a good part of the journey and you'll be just fine. Lots of toll stations though, keep your coins.. >:-
Lamia - Grevena; 2 hours

1. you'll begin with the Domokos section -one of my favourites in Greece- nice asphalted road, 2+1 lanes, you will definitely enjoy it.
2. Indifferent section from Domokos till Kalambaka, there's a pretty new highway part and besides that, nothing really to mention (unless someone else knows better, that is)
3. Kalambaka - Grevena. Love it, love it, love it; a stop, or better a large detour and visit in Meteora, is obligatory. google it, amazing site to visit. And from there on, lots of twisties with an astounding scenery as a background till Grevena. Top down, of course.
4. Grevena - Kozani; 30 minutes of highway till me and @topetwrx welcome you -in person- to Kozani. We will be more than glad to meet up.  :excited: :excited:

So, combining that and what you've wrote previously, I suppose we should go for something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/JXxPXxptZT52. This is a route for the September part of our trip ("Stage 2"), so we will drive in the opposite direction - from Kakavia to Kozani and then to Athens. We will get back to "Stage 3" later (the way back to Albania).

I'm not sure which road did you mean between Grevena and Kalampaka. The road number 15 or rather something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/s7VfmBMEbMq ? >:-

Despite of which way we'll choose, I suppose we should reach Kozani at Tuesday evening (September 18) or Wednesday (September 19), depending on how smooth the trip will go. We're looking forward to meet you there!

I will discuss all further details with @topetwrx on private messages. Thanks! :)

October 04, 2018, 08:01:42 PMReply #14

Offline option-D

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2018, 08:01:42 PM »
Εφόσον έχω το αυτοκίνητο των παιδιών σπίτι μου και θα έρθουν την επόμενη Παρασκευή να το παραλάβουν, είπαμε το Σάββατο το πρωί να πάμε μια βόλτα στα γύρω βουνά. Θεώρησα σωστό από τη στιγμή που εδώ έγινε η γνωριμία, να το γράψω κι εδώ για όσους ενδιαφέρονται να ακολουθήσουν. Ο χρόνος είναι αυστηρά Σάββατο πρωί λόγω διαθέσιμου χρόνου τους. Η διαδρομή που θα καλύψουμε είναι "Πανόραμα Νέας Μάκρης - φράγμα Μαραθώνα - Τατόι - λίμνη Μπελέτσι" και αν μας παίρνει ο χρόνος υπάρχει φοβερή ταβέρνα στο Καπανδρίτι. Λόγω χρόνου επίσης μπορεί το φράγμα Μαραθώνα να αντικατασταθεί με πέρασμα από Διόνυσο. Θα γράψουμε όμως χιλιόμετρα σε αγαπημένες διαδρομές, αυτό είναι το μόνο σίγουρο.

Όπως και να 'χει, το ραντεβού θα είναι το Σάββατο 13/10 στις 10:00 στο σημείο εδώ.
Παρακαλώ πολύ όσοι θα ακολουθήσουν να γράψουν με το γνωστό τρόπο τη λίστα με ονόματα και συνοδούς για να έχω μια εικόνα.

PFA

* Nickesh and Evelyn, I wrote above all the info for the mountain drive we talked about.

1) Nickesh
2) option-D
H A R D C O R E ? 🤘  S U B S C R I B E

"Speed isn't everything, you gotta look cool on the touge too"